Frequently Asked QuestionsClick on the links below to go to a specific FAQ:
Hasemer Materials Handling specialise in tailored lifting solutions. We can assist you with Workstation Cranes, Electric Chain Hoists, Vacuum Lifters, Portable Gantry Cranes, Kinesys Motion Control Systems, Manipulators Spring Balancers, Crane Electrical Systems, Crane Kits, Manual Trolleys, Electric Trolleys, Lifting Solution Design and Engineering. We can service your existing cranes and hoists either on-site or in our workshop. We can also assist you in keeping your crane and hoist systems in excellent operational order with quality manufacturers’ spare parts.
There are a number of issues that need to be considered when selecting the most appropriate electric chain hoists. These include:
- Working load limit required (ie the maximum load lifted): GIS Electric Chain Hoists can lift up to 5,000 kg
- The height of lift: The GIS Chain Hoist can lift up to 120m
- The frequency of use of the hoist: the GIS Electric Chain Hoist can operate at 360 starts per hour
- The daily operating period: GIS has a duty rating of up to 60%
- The environment that the hoist is operating: the GIS Electric chain hoist has an IP rating of 55 and has tropical environment and corrosion resistant models available.
- The power supply: The GIS electric chain hoist comes in both single phase and three phase power. In addition, with GIS products sold in over 50 countries worldwide, almost all power supplies can be catered for.
Selecting the right electric chain hoist for your application can be a confusing task with numerous choices including GIS, Demag, Hitachi, Kito, SWF, Liftket, Nitchi and so on.
All these hoists will perform the basic functions of lifting loads at various work rates and over various lift heights. Almost all models have single of dual speed versions enabling easier positioning of the load.
If you want to minimise maintenance costs, ensure that the hoist is working how you want when you want and have a safe workplace. The factors that need to be considered are:
- Motor performance
- Switching capability
- Safety features
- Environmental protection
- Ongoing maintenance
The strength, capability and insulation of the motor will directly impact the hoist's ability to lift loads near to its WLL, the length of operating time and the working life of the hoist. There are two key aspects to this question:
- The time rating of the motor - the period that it can operate at full load torque continuously without overheating. The GIS Electric Chain Hoist has duty ratings up to 60% for rated loads; and
- The motor insulation - the highest temperature the material can withstand continuously without degrading or reducing motor life. The GIS Electric Chain Hoist has a motor insulation rating of Class F enabling it to operate at a maximum temperature of 155º C to yield an average life of 20,000 hours. Motors with class B ratings motors can only operate to a maximum of 130º C (and Class E - 120º C) to achieve the same life.
Our GIS Electric Chain Hoists are fitted with a range of safety features designed to protect your workers and equipment from damage or injury. Safety features include a double slipping clutch, a maintenance free braking system located on the drive shaft, emergency stop as standard, a low voltage pendant controller, fixed attachment of the chain to the hoist, geared limit switches, minimum 6:1 braking strength of chain, and sturdy aluminium construction. For a full list of the numerous safety features and designs of our GIS Electric Chain Hoists please speak with one of our .
Hasemer Materials Handling is committed to providing ongoing, long term support and maintenance for all Lifting Equipment sold in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region. Hoist and Crane spare parts are available for electric chain hoists, crane kits, vacuum lifters, and other lifting equipment.
Servicing of your hoists and cranes is available either directly from Hasemer Materials Handling or through one of our many approved agents or resellers around Australia. Crane maintenance and repair will ensure that your Hasemer Materials Handling crane and hoist system remain productive and safe.
In selecting a crane system there are three key factors that need to be considered:
- Quality of the lifting and moving equipment: GIS' products are Swiss designed and manufactured in Switzerland ensuring excellent quality
- The experience and capability of the crane designer and builder: With over 40 years experience in the Australian market, and backed by the worldwide GIS network, Hasemer Materials Handling have the experience to solve your lifting needs
- The availability of spare parts and knowledgeable service support: Hasemer Materials Handling stock and source authentic spare parts for the full range of GIS equipment. 40+ years in Australia, and relationships with a wide number of resellers, distributors and other crane manufactures means that knowledgeable support and advice is always available.
- Price: GIS products and cranes provide excellent value. With a need for a quality lifting solution that improves your productivity and employee safety, GIS cranes will operate effectively over a long period of time.
We have agents and distributors around Australia and New Zealand to service Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, ACT and Northern Territory. We can assist businesses based in Melbourne, Dandenong, Frankston, Thomastown, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Brisbane, Perth, Albury, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Auckland and Wellington.
Anyone who needs to lift or move heavy items. Hasemer Materials Handling has provided lifting solutions for customers in a wide range of manufacturing, transport, utility, agricultural and entertainment industries. We have tailored lifting solutions for small businesses with single purpose requirements. On the other end of the scale, we also provide complete warehouse solutions for large national and multinational companies.
Hasemer Materials Handling is committed to meeting our customers' needs. As such we carry a wide range of chain hoists, trolleys, crane systems, and spare parts. If you have a very large order we will work with you to ensure that we are able to deliver your tailored lifting solution when you need it.
Please Contact Hasemer directly if you are seeking the most appropriate distributor for your needs and located near where you are.